Tuesday 21 May 2013

Baby making factory discovered in Nigeria


The Nigerian Police have rescued 17 pregnant teenage mums from a baby factory that is owned by a woman, it is alleged.
Some of the victims recently narrated how they got pregnant in the said factory.

According to one 17-year-old victim named Adaobi Akubueze, she was sent to the factory by a medical doctor who conducted her pregnancy test and discovered that she was pregnant.


This is what she had to say,
“The result of the test was positive and the doctor said I should not abort the pregnancy. He said he knew where I could go and have the child with adequate maternal care and where the baby would be taken care of until I would be ready to take charge. So I ran away from home without informing my parents. But on getting to the "baby factory", I was asked to produce my letter of introduction.
After that, my phone was taken away from me and that was how I stayed there till the Police came and arrested us."

Another victim said:
"We were kept in a crowded room with little ventilation and a doctor came once in a while to check us. Nobody was allowed to go beyond the first gate also known as the Green Gate. And one boy who we referred to as boss came around to sleep with the girls, especially those that were not yet pregnant.
The compound was built in such a way that made escape impossible. It is fenced with high walls and no visitor was allowed to come into the area where the girls were kept, except Madam (owner of the place), white people and the doctor. After nine months, those who were due to be delivered were taken to another location and Madam would only bring back news to us that our friend had given birth. But they never came back.”

Another 17-year-old victim named Chinyere Onwuegbu narrated how she got pregnant.
“My friend brought me here and she told me to stay and get pregnant. Madam promised to take good care of me and that she would give me N60,000 (USD: 378.908) if I had a baby boy and N30,000 (USD: 189.454) if it was a girl. But after I was impregnated, Madam began to force me to work hard despite my condition. I cried everyday but no way to escape.”

No comments:

Post a Comment